We just made it through the hectic holidays, a predicted end of the world and an unprecedented bitter political contest. I’d say, this year has been an especially significant one then. Now we are left wondering, what’s next? Where do we go from here? How can I get my life in better shape, my head on straight, my heart mended, and my faith in humanity restored? You may feel like no matter how many obstacles you tackle, there are always new ones waiting on the sidelines ready to step in.
This year, I challenge you to transform your life in magical ways. It may not be in the way you thought, but by following a couple of tips below, transformation is possible. No matter what condition you feel your life is in right now, from mildly satisfactory, to depressingly disastrous, you can get started to transform your life to include new and exciting possibilities.
There are a couple of tools you will need to get started. Just like baking a cake or building a house, you must collect the proper tools to start a project. There are many options for your “starting” tools, and two great ones to get you started are: Zero Point mentality and Spirit of Adventure.
Zero point energy is the energy that remains when all other energy is removed from a system; it is the energy of your ground state. So having a zero point mentality is a clean slate mentality. What this means for you is that you will want to get all the noise out of your head. Everything you believed before that might need to be done – get that out of your mind. For as much time as you can hold onto, relieve yourself of all guilt, shame, unforgiveness, or any other self- diminishing attitudes – (you can work on these later). Be the person you are without the labels, identities, and baggage, or as a wise person once wished for: “Be the person your dog thinks you are.” Authentic and free from the I am (broke, stressed, lonely, angry, useless, less than) clutter.
Having a spirit of adventure just adds an element of allowing for the possibility that anything can happen. It is being childlike in our potential to look at any situation and see the wonder and possibility in it. No matter what the “world” is saying, take a look at your life from a new perspective, as if now that you’re here, there is nowhere else to go but up.
Having a zero point mentality and a mindset of upcoming adventure positions yourself in the most open and attractable position. This means as new experiences come your way, they will be attracted to you, whereas before, they may have come your way, but you were not able to recognize them due to the other “stuff” going on in your head. Having a clean slate mentally allows everything you “thought” you knew to become “Wow – I guess I didn’t know as much as I thought!” Now I know that getting to these two mental states can sometimes take a lifetime of work and prayer, meditation, and tough life experiences. But for now, we are just going to pretend that we have done all that already and we are at our ground state, our clean slate and ready to begin. This “acting as if” is in itself another tool to get your life jump started at any time. The more you do it, the more you will begin to realize that you do not need to go through any painful initiation or grueling mental and spiritual exercise to begin a new life strategy today, now. Quit the planning and wishing for, and setting things up to begin – just begin and then you can add new things to make it more meaningful and powerful later on.
So, now that you have put yourself at zero point and adopted a spirit of adventure, you are ready to make any new life change that you wish. Let me send you on your new adventure with a couple more tips to get started. Nothing you do here can ever be anything but beneficial. Something will catch on with you, as you go through these steps. Everyone is a little different – what works for me may not work for you, but working from a clean slate and a willingness to see life as a grand adventure will put you in a state of mind of openness, receptivity, and grace.
- Be extremely compassionate and merciful to yourself and others. Try this for awhile and see what wonderful feelings come into your life. What good is criticism, blame, guilt, shame, and so on? Some people think that having these bad feelings is what helps us to make change in our lives. But the only change you will see from these negative vibes is more negative vibes. Instead, try extreme compassion and intense mercy on yourselves, on others that you have been critical of in the past, and to any newcomer.
- Let things go for awhile. Old hurts, regrets, shouldas, couldas, wouldas. If you want, you can write them all down and put them in a jar and if you want them back later on, you can put them all back in your head. But my guess is, that once you let them go for real, you will not be wanting them back.
- Live in the present moment. Living in the past only gives you the opportunity to relive all the moments of the past you are trying to put behind you. Be very conscious of where you are in your mind. Be present, be in this moment.
- Look for opportunities for joy and happiness. Instead of looking at things to be unsatisfied with, or allowing life in general to seem less than stellar, look around and you will see many things that can make you smile, give you a giggle, or warm your heart. I always recommend working with your pets if you cannot find any other avenues. Pets always can be counted on for a warm smile. If you don’t have pets, watch baby videos, get some flowers, sing, or dance. There is always something that can be done.
Finally, I can’t emphasize enough, that while the above methods and tools are wonderfully effective and highly beneficial, their benefits and power will be magnified tenfold by adding a significant meditation and ANY type of fitness program into the mix. Doesn’t have to be extreme. Try a yoga class or put on Dance Party on the WII and give yourself 10 or 20 minutes of peaceful and relaxing meditation, even if it’s only in the bathtub. These two life practices added to any other life practice tool or strategy will energize them tremendously. Remember, not matter where you are – there is nowhere else to go, but up. See you at the top!
- 1 comment • Finding Home • Metaphysical • Motivational • New Age • Personal Growth • Practical and Useful • Soulfully Inspiring • Spiritual
- Tagged as: getting better • inspiring yourself • letting go • lifted spirits • Personal Empowerment • personal growth • positive motivation • positive vibes • transformation
- Share on Twitter, Facebook, Delicious, Digg, Reddit